KNOW MORE ABOUT A GARAGE DOOR
A garage door is typically like a standard door but mostly more significant in size, large enough to accommodate a car or similar vehicle. It can be both manual and electronic. It can be used for your home or your workplace, or any factory, whatever be the case.
There are four kinds of garage doors: Overhead Doors, Fire Rated Doors, Roll-up Doors, and Scissor Gates.
Of them, the most popular is the Overhead door. An overhead door is one that rotates on a horizontal axis and supports horizontally.
- Average Cost: A single car garage door costs less than two or more than one car garage door. It ranges from $730 to $10,000, the average cost being $3500 approximately.
- Longevity: Even though the initial cost sounds more, a garage door serves you for many years. The average life or longevity of a garage door is 10-30 years. It is a long-term investment. So, all decisions should be taken with a lot of judgment.
- Best Material: There are many choices to choose from for an ideal garage door, namely- wood, steel, aluminum, wood-plastic composite, etc. The decision is based on its cost, durability, low maintenance, efficiency, versatility, and availability. Steels doors are the most popular choice when it comes to the best garage doors for you. They are robust, pocket friendly with low maintenance cost and high durability. Also, they are available in many styles and colors, and designs.
What is an insulated garage door?
An insulated garage door helps to prevent the escaping or entering of heat from the garage. It is useful in all seasons when the comfort of an insulated garage door can be felt. In winters, it keeps the garage warm by keeping the warmth trapped inside, and in summer, it keeps it cold by not allowing hot air to rush into the garage.
Not just a temperature moderator, an insulated garage door helps to insulate unnecessary noise.
The best insulator for an insulated garage door is foam board or reflective insulation.
Advantages of Garage Doors:
- Security – Garage doors bring about security to your home or workplace. It brings about a sense of safety. With the advancement of technology, we have better, modern, and more advanced doors to provide greater security.
- Aesthetics- A beautiful and modern garage door improves the overall look of the place. It adds value to the home or place of work.
- Pocket Friendly- A garage door lasts for several years, making the pocket pinch acceptable as it is a one-time investment’. It is a necessity which is available at such modest price is indeed a good deal.
- Low maintenance cost – A new garage door has a minimal maintenance cost. It depends on the material of the door, but the right door has pretty low maintenance.
Disadvantages of a Garage Door: Considering two aspects of a ‘door,’ there are some disadvantages or problems attached with garage doors. They are: –
- The electronic or the doors which have remote controls often cause problems in their daily functioning.
- The installation process takes a lot of time and is sometimes complicated.
Even though there are a few disadvantages of a garage door, the advantages are much more. This is self-explanatory to its usefulness among us. It has innumerable benefits, which makes the problems negligible.
However, to make the most of these benefits, it is essential to do proper research about the likes and dislikes before deciding. This is because garage doors have lots of characteristics and types. It is advisable to take time as it is a long-term investment.